An amazing range of cheap chafing dishes and chafing dish sets!
Save money with our low prices on chafing dishes.
These professional chafing dish sets are available at amazing low prices and there are even more savings to be had with our packaged chafing deals!
Chafing dishes are named after the French word chauffer, which means 'to keep warm'. The portable units, which are also known as chafers, are typically raised on a stand and were originally heated with charcoal.
Caterers today use chafing fuel which is clean, odourless, smokeless, non-hazardous, non-explosive and non-evaporate. The chafing fuel cells are placed underneath the pan where they will keep food warm, away from the direct flame.
Chafing dishes can be used at the table or at buffets with chafing covers to keep food warm during service.
How To Use A Chafing Dish
- Place the frame on a secure, stable surface.
- Insert the water pan into the frame and fill the pan with about 3/4" to 1 1/2" of water.
- Place the food pan into place.
- Double check the burn time of your chafing fuel and ensure you have replacements.
- Light the chafing fuel cell with a match and place it underneath the water pan.
During service, ensure that the water pan is sufficiently filled with water. Stir the food occasionally for even heat distribution and to ensure food doesn't burn on the bottom.
Be wary of steam rising from the dish when opening the lid and remove empty chafing fuel cells with tongs to avoid burning.
View our complete collection of chafing dishes, chafing fuel and accessories and Contact us on 0161 483 6256 for more information or advice.