Black Iron Flat Bottom Wok 13" / 33cm
Black Iron Wok.
Professional quality catering wok.
This professional Black Iron wok absorbs heat slowly and evenly with amazing heat retention properties. Made from carbon steel with a wooden handle, this wok can be used on electric and gas hobs.
This versatile wok can be used for most stir frying and it can also be used for shallow frying, steaming, making traditional Chinese soup, and even smoking food with wood chippings or tea leaves (you will need a lid to smoke food).
The long single handle enables the chef to hold the wok steady with one hand, leaving the other hand free.
As with all Black Iron pans, a protective non-stick layer is created with each use which will eventually appear black in appearance. The layers formed are completely safe and pose no risk at all.
Please pay particular attention to the care instructions of your Black Iron wok.
Black Iron Care:
- Black Iron pans are protected by a clear, non-toxic oil which must be removed before use. To remove this layer, scrub the pan in hot soapy water and thoroughly hand dry.
- The manufacturer recommends that after first use; wipe the pan clean with paper towels, ensuring that the pan is completely dry to avoid the possibility of any rust forming.
- Black Iron, by its very nature, can go rusty. If rusting does start to occur, thoroughly scrub the pan to remove all of the rust nd then re-season.
- Wash these pans in hot water with a washing up detergent after each use (avoid using a harsh scourers, wire wool, or metal pads), hand dry immediately, and coat with oil. Please note that black iron pans are not suitable for dishwashers.
- Store black iron pans with a seasoned coating to prevent rusting.
Black Iron Seasoning:
- Coat the internal surfaces with oil and heat the pan until the oil begins to smoke.
- This will form a natural protective film; the continued use of this pan at high temperatures will only add to the layers and improve its non-stick properties.
- Black Iron wok
- Carbon Steel
- Wooden handle
- Flat base
- Heavy Duty
- Premium quality
- Absorbs heat slowly and evenly
- Amazing heat retention
- Suitable for gas and electric hobs
Size: 13" / 33cm
With our own dedicated fleet of vans servicing the North West and a dependable courier service for the rest of the country, we endeavour to get any stocked items ordered before 3pm to you within 2-3 working days. Any UK mainland order placed over £50 (excluding VAT) is eligible for free delivery. For full information regarding our delivery details and routes, please click here.
If for some reason you are unsatisfied with your order, we offer a refund on all purchases of stocked goods if they are returned in the original box and in the condition they were sold, within 30 days. Charges may apply. For full information regarding returns, collection fees and charges relating to non-stock / special order items, please refer to our Returns Policy.