Returns Policy | Stephensons
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our Returns Policy as detailed below.
For goods supplied by us in error, we will arrange free collection. However, we reserve the right to charge a collection fee if the goods are not available on the agreed collection date. We reserve the right to not deliver replacement items.
We also reserve the right to charge for goods that:
- Are not returned
- Are returned in a used condition
- Are not returned in their original box or unopened packaging
It is very important that you obtain a valid Return Number from us before goods are returned as we reserve the right to dispose of goods sent to us without a valid Return Number and you will not be credited with the value of the goods. (A Return Number is not needed for goods brought back to our Cash & Carry store).
For how to return goods to us please click the downloadable Return Form.
- All returns must have a valid return number and have a completed Return Form with the goods.
- Returns will only be accepted within 30 days of delivery.
- Goods must be unused, in a saleable condition and in the original packaging.
- You will be liable for the cost of returning the goods to us. If you wish for us to collect the goods the cost of collection will be notified to you at the time the Return Number is issued and will be deducted from the value of the goods prior to any credit, refund or exchange being issued.
If it is possible to collect the goods via our own vans collection will be free of charge.
- If you arrange a return delivery to us you must still obtain a Return Number. Please note that you are liable for any damages incurred which will be deducted from the value of the goods prior to a refund, credit or exchange being issued.
We recommend that you use a signed for service and obtain appropriate carriage insurance.
The address to send Returned Items to:
HG Stephenson Ltd
161 Buxton Road
6. Goods can alternatively be brought back to our Cash & Carry store. Goods returned this way will not be subject to a collection fee.
Please note that proof of purchase will be required.
7. We do not collect any returns from the Highlands & Islands or International orders.
If you wish to return the goods to us at your cost, you must still obtain a Returns Number.
'Non-Stock', 'To-Order' & Extended Lead Time Items
These items are marked with a online or a in our catalogue.
Returns / Cancelled orders will be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee plus the relevant collection fee dependent upon the method of return, as detailed above.
Effective from 30/07/21, there will be a 25% re-stocking fee for any products that specify an extended lead-time in the listing.
Furthermore, for items from European manufacturers (Villeroy & Boch, Schott Zwiesel etc.) there will be a 50% re-stocking feee should you want to return an order from these brands. The elevated return fee is due to the fact that we cannot return non-stock items back to the manufacturer after an order from us is placed.
If you are looking to make a large order, it is advisable to speak to our customer services team about samples before making your final decision.
Special Order Items (items made or changed to your specific requirements including decorated or customised)
We do not accept returns on special order items.
For help with items damaged on delivery:
- Call or email Customer Services (you will be asked to provide a photo of the goods in question) within 24 hours of delivery.
- Or show the goods to one of our drivers.
- If convenient, you can also bring the goods back to our Cash and Carry.